Using the HSL Mobile Client Support Site (CSS) at https://clients.haysystems.com/CSS/
the client administrator will maintain two separate distribution lists of mobile numbers for:
- the current Controller, and
- Team Members.
The Controller is the mobile number of the person who sends messages using AlertBroadcast to the Team Members. Team Members are the mobile numbers of the people who are to receive messages from the Controller.
2. AlertBroadcast's service numbers
HSL Mobile allocates two mobile phone numbers to the client for use with their AlertBroadcast account: a ‘Broadcast’ number and an ‘Alert’ number. These numbers are described below:
• “Broadcast” number – the mobile number to which a Controller sends a message for delivery (or “broadcast”) to all intended recipients (i.e. mobile numbers of Team Members).
• “Alert” number – the mobile number from where team members will receive broadcasts from the Controller and can respond back to the Controller via that number.
3. Sending a message using AlertBroadcast
The current controller sends the message they wish the Team Members to receive to the Broadcast number. On receiving the message from the controller via the Broadcast number, AlertBroadcast will check the controller's number against the Controller and Team Members distribution lists to ensure that they are in at least one of those lists. Diagram 1a shows the message being sent by the Controller to the Broadcast number.
If the sender of the message received by the Broadcast number is not the current Controller or a Team Member then the message is ignored and is not broadcast to the Team Members.